Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update on Windows 7

After experienced Windows 7 for one week, I would like to share my thought.
First of all, I still love it.Windows 7 will be a great operating system. I'm glad microsoft doing this right. But that would be unjustified to use only my own impression without some fact.

The good
- Windows 7 boots faster than XP
- The new taskbar make sense
- Aero doesn't slow my computer down
- Windows Explorer is quite good, upgrade from XP
- Spotlight imitate ( search function in start menu ) is rightous. Copy a good thing result in a good thing after all.
- Sticky Note might be good
- Windows Media Player seems smarter
- Most applications/drivers from XP/Vista can be used
- Background auto switch is the right toy. It gives you difference look to fresh your mind.

The bad
- My harddisk is obviously produces more heat. I can feel it in my palm.

Wish List
- Oracle / TOAD can be used when the final version is released
- Firefox can show every tab in the preview menu like IE8

Previous post about my first impression of Windows 7

No comments: