Saturday, January 10, 2009

Guns 'n' Roses - Chinese Democracy



It might be an album that took longest time to produce in the world's music history. Fans wait since they are young until they already have children, for this particular piece of work. Back in the late 80s and early 90s, every kids known who AXL ROSE is. Guns 'n' Roses dominated music business. However, at the same time, everyone know what kind the man AXL ROSE is. No surprise to all of us that GNR was breakdown into pieces after that.

14 years... since 1994, last GNR album.. I was 14. Look at me now, I'm 28. Finally, 'Chinese Democracy' pop-out. Ask if it's worth waiting ? Is it a legendary piece of work that require 14 years of work ?
NO ..

But I have to admit I'm glad I heard AXL once again. I love his voice. The album show who he truely is. The album itself is decent. I can say it's in top 3 album of 2008 for me.

Although I have so much desire that the original GNR would reunite once again sometime before they die, I think it will never happen. I miss 'Appetite For Destruction'. I really miss rock and roll. But the world keep moving...

" There was a time.. I would do anything for you .. ohh...I would do anything for you .. there was a time.. " - Guns 'n' Roses

--------

I read the review from allmusic.com and they think the same way as I think. They say ..
"In the end, it's just an album. And it's a good album, no less and no more."

No comments: