Monday, January 19, 2009

More on Oblivion

I got a new computer, a powerful one. So it's time to execute my mission. However, the first try is not give me any satisfaction. I think the control of this game about using spell (magic) is not good. There are like 100 spells out there in the game. However, you only have 8 shortcuts to bind everything with. It's obviously not enough. Plus, the shortcut key is Number 1-8 .. Well, difficult to use.

- Pure destruction mage does not quite good. Due to the bad shortcut I mentioned. I can not use spell effectively. Unlike diablo II, I can not devastate the monster like that in Elder Scrolls.
- Paladin (Warrior/Priest combination) is not good. It probably because the character's race I picked was not good. You either strong and stupid or weak and clever. There must be another race that have well-balance nature.
- Hunter is also hard to play .. monster is moving all the time and sometime strong. It's very difficult to aim at moving target. I think I've to acquire stealth skill and ambush them from a distance. However, it's not possible to use this technique in small cave. Maybe I should try bow/knife combo. Ambush with one arrow and then fight with knife.
- Summoner/Necromancer is unbelievable suck. The summon creature is just stupid. Moreover, you can summon one minion a time. Maybe I should combo it with hunter as well..

OK, the next character skills will be ..
Race : Wood Elf
Birthsign : Thief
Major Skills :
-Maskman
-Blade
-Sneak
-Light Armor
-Conjuration
-Alteration
-Illusion

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always play as a high elf mage focussing on destruction and other magic.
Once you get to the arcane university you can create your own spells which is very useful.
Use lightning spells with area effect ... it is the best because lightning travels very fast.
Fire spells are also good for dealing with some kinds of enemies.
Once you have high destruction skill (and if you are using Oscuro's overhaul mod) then you will feel the power when blasting a single are effect lightning bolt and the weaker enemies just fly and die haha.

I also like to build my sword skill because it comes in useful because as a magic user you can hold a sword and still use magic.

I usually like to use bow/arrow in rpg games but in this game it is very bad. I guess you have to really focus on improving the skill for it to be any good.

I never use summoning.

I read that alchemist is good since collecting stuff to create potions and sell them makes a great additional income.

There is a mod that let you use alt + 1-8 and shift + 1-8 (IIRC) in addition to normal 1-8

nont said...

hey you never online in MSN .. any im we can chat?