Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oblivion Complication

I've started playing The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion once again. It's much more complicated game than I ever thought.. For example, the leveling mechanism is extremely tricky. If you wanted to maximize your skills and stats on leveling, you have to play the game with a good plan in your mind ( pencil and paper/ save game a lot / stat tracker tools) . There is no simple way to build up your character if you wanted it to be good. You can't just play it, you have to plan it through and then execute it in discipline. I guess 95% of people will give up and just play the game.

Talk about leveling, I used to play a lot of RPG games that have burden level-up requirement. However, this is by far the most headache one. I play about 20 hour on first character to learn what is DO and what is DON'T. Also, to get familiar with combat system, quest, skill usage and character control mechanism. Then I spend around one day reading oblivion wiki, official game guide and many game websites. Still, I can't figured out how to build a character I need.

I think I needed more time, and hope I still have fire power to get it done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...
Gamer's soul is coming back.
Wish the mission accomplished na ja :P

Anonymous said...

You should use Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and All +5 Attribute Modifiers.

All +5 Attribute Modifiers (google search or search on tesnexus.com site) will let you just play as you wish and still be able to maxmize attribute stats on level up.

Works great for me .. no time in life to waste planning too much about stupid game rule like this.

I also use encumberance x10 or something.