Friday, October 10, 2008

Plantronics Discovery 925 #2

After a week, I've some update on pros and cons.

Pros.
- Fitting extremely well with my ears. I can even jump while wearing the headset, and it still hold.
- The sound quality on hearing side is very good, as good as 855 is.
- The battery can last about 3 days with normal talking ( approximately 30-45 minutes per day )
- Can use anywhere.. on Bus / Skytrain / Tube / Sidewalk / Department Store . I mean I can get decent conversation everywhere.

Cons
- The sound isolation can not filter high frequency background noise well. And it will torture person who you talking to ( such as door closing alert sound of BTS/MRT .. beep beep beep !, also turnstile error beep)
- The charging PIN is defected by design. You have to be VERY CAREFUL when plug charger into the earpiece. I've broke mine with my first charge. I already took it to fix at plantronics customer care. And guess what, I'm not the first person who broke it. Let's me explain ..
Let's say there're 5 pins
|||||

The first four pins are attached together, the last pin doesn't.
When you plug in charger, it can be like this
||||U

Sorry , I'm too lazy to draw a picture but you should get the idea. The last pin is bended. And it'll short-circuit with anything it touch. So, your bluetooth is unable to charge. The symptom is easy to notice. Normally the wall plug charger will have green light when plugged in. If you attach your earpiece and the green light goes off, you 're in trouble.

Conclusion

This is the second-best bluetooth in the world. It can't perform well in extreme noise environment. If you want the best one, go grab Aliph Jawbone ( either version I or II). It has best in business noise cancelling technique. The problem is
(1) If the headset doesn't touch your jaw. It's a piece of garbage.
(2) If the headset doesn't fit with your ear. It'll fall into (1) and turn into a garbage.
(3) The Jawbone 1 doesn't sale in Thailand. Jawbone 2 sale at some shops of True. It'll cost you 5,000 THB. And I think they have no local distributor .. so goodluck when it broke ( I don't think True will be able to fix)

This is the end to my bluetooth search. I hope this information help anyone who are seeking for bluetooth headset.

No comments: